1. All the contact and rubbing surfaces are to be lubricated with grease oil regularly.
2. Inject greases to every grease point regularly
3. Replace and replenish the oil in the gearbox at the prescribed interval. Keep a check on the quality of lube oil by testing it and replace after a major overhaul or if necessary as per the test result.
4. All non-moving parts of the surface are to be painted to prevent corrosion.
5. The windlass surrounding area is always clear of water, oil, and debris
6. Use low-freezing anti-wear hydraulic oil.
7. Inspect all electrical connections and make sure they are both secure and free of corrosion.
8. Check the condition of the brake lining.