- Close the jacket water inlet valves. Generally, the inlet is closed first, and then the outlet valve.
- Close the valve for feedwater treatment.
- Stop the fresh water pump.
- Switch off the salinometer.
- Stop seawater pump (also known as ejector pump).
- Open the vacuum valve.
- Close the seawater suction valve and overboard valve. This is generally not required as they are non-return valves. However, in case of valve leaking or damage, these valves are to be closed without fail.
– Fresh Water Generator Working